The National Alliance for Broader Impacts hosted its 3rd annual Broader Impacts Summit April 29-May 1, 2015 in Madison, Wisconsin. Although broader impacts are usually thought of as the domain of NSF, the Summit was open to anyone interested in the broader impacts of research in the broadest sense. The Summit included a pre-conference workshop, keynote speakers, working sessions, a poster session, and networking opportunities. Keynote speakers and working sessions focused on building infrastructure for public engagement and education, evaluation of broader impacts activities, and planning the future of the broader impacts community. The Summit was held at the spacious Pyle Center on the UW-Madison campus. The Pyle Center is located along beautiful Lake Mendota in the heart of campus. It is close to the UW Memorial Union, Library Mall, and other key points of interest including State Street and Capitol Square.
The 2015 Summit was funded by the National Science Foundation and sponsored by
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Broader Impacts Network at the University of Missouri
- National Alliance for Broader Impacts
- New Mexico State University College of Engineering
- Office of Strategic Education Partnerships at Northwestern University
- Office of Science Outreach at Stanford University
- Strengthening the Professoriate at Iowa State University
If you have any questions about the Summit, please contact Kevin Niemi, Summit Planning Chairperson at email@example.com.