Broader Impacts 101/102
Tuesday, April 24th, 2018
- Broader Impacts 101—8:30–11:30 a.m.
- Broader Impacts 102—1:00–4:00 p.m.
|EARLY BIRD until Feb. 23, 2018||$100||$100||$150|
|REGULAR Feb. 24-April 2, 2018||$100||$100||$150|
|LATE Beginning Apr. 3, 2018||$125||$125||$175|
(Note: You may register for the morning session, the afternoon session or both, depending on your background and the skills you would like to gain.)
Do you want to move beyond the basics of engaging a graduate student and developing a website for your broader impacts statement? Would you like to work with others exploring engaging ways of supporting and developing broader impacts that benefit society?
We invite you to participate in one or both parts of this year’s pre-conference workshop!
The morning session (“Broader Impacts 101”) will focus on:
- Sharing the latest background through a broad overview of broader impacts – what they are and their evolution and history.
- Engaging participants in hands-on activities that show you how to create, implement, and evaluate your BI activities.
The afternoon session (“Broader Impacts 102”) will focus on:
- Exploring BI evaluation in greater depth
- Defining and developing your “BI Identity”
- Learning more about the challenges and benefits of establishing a BI support office at your institution.
These workshops will be led by members of NABI’s Steering Committee and NABI’s Summit Planning Committee.
Who Should Attend: Broader Impacts 101 is primarily intended for those that are new to the NSF grant writing world. Broader Impacts 102 is for people who have attended BI 101 previously and BI veterans who would like to strengthen and enhance their BI knowledge.
These workshops are also ideal for those working in research support and administration at institutions interested in expanding their BI activities or establishing a BI support office at their institution.
How do I register? Pre-registration is required and space in each session is limited to 30 participants. Please see the conference website for details on how to register.
What does it cost? Registration for one session (either BI 101 or BI 102) is $100 There is a discount if you register for both – the combined registration cost for BI 101/BI 102 is $150.